Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pink

RACE FOR THE CURE

So this last weekend, I had the opportunity to be apart of an amazing event called Race for the Cure in Salt Lake. Monya and some of the other Williams family came down from Arizona to attend. Also, Kaitlyn and Brian and Brian's family came. It seriously was such an amazing day. The streets were lined with pink as everyone walked the 3.1 miles to the finish line. It was more a day of celebration than a day of sadness for us.

We wore our "Save my TaTa's" shirt, which say Team Monya on the back. Her daughter Haleigh made them for Monya's supporters.


Monya and I

Monya with all of the survivors


The group of Monya's supporters


Crossing the Finish Line



Kelsey, Emily and I




Monya is such an amazing woman and will fight this cancer til the very end. She is so strong and I know that if anyone can beat this cancer, it will be her. I gained a new perspective on how precious life is.

Thanks Williams family for letting us join you for this special day!

1 comment:

  1. Why did I not know you live in Provo?! We should be friends...and choreograph couch dances again :)

    ReplyDelete